Report into the Head of PS Commercial Service Korea
Merck is committed to solving the most difficult problems in Life Science by collaborating with the scientific community. We think differently, we challenge the status quo in everything we do. We are looking for people who think like us and are passionate about developing a high performing team and exceeding expectations. We are looking for our new Process Solutions Associate Manager for Commercial Service in Korea, who believes they are the best person in Korea to ensure we consistently deliver the best customer experience in the industry. You will lead a team of 3-6 Commercial service team members, who are eager for you to take charge.
You will be based in Seoul, and be willing to travel.
1. People Manager
- As the team leader, you are responsible for directly teaching, coaching, managing, appraising and motivating your team in order to achieve goals & targets.
- You must clearly communicate your team's priorities, schedule activities with the team to optimize use of time and resources; you are expected to hold regular meetings in order to clearly inform your team and internal partners on all the latest development in the Business practises.
- Furthermore, you will set and monitor clear objectives and KPIs for your team and own your team’s performance.
- You will show true leadership and develop the existing team.
2. Contact for customers of Process Solutions
- You will ensure that your team brings high level of support to external and internal customers.
- Customers are fully satisfied with the Commercial Service organization and are kept well informed in a proactive manner.
- You build strong relationships with internal and external customers, focusing on solving problems in your actions and communication.
- You have a deep understanding of the process and a process improvement mind-set.
- Ensures customer advocacy for the customer internally and acts as an ambassador for the Korea Commercial Service team and the customer.
3. Problem Solver
- You have the ability to analyze, prioritize, and validate complex and dynamic information from a diverse range of external and internal sources and develop solutions, ideas and recommendations for the business.
- You work with internal business partners across the globe (logistic, distribution, export team, supply chain, sales, sales development, technology management, regulatory, …) to ensure best in class service, fast response time and on time deliveries
4. Lead by Example
- You provide input to other managers on ideas, initiatives to improve the quality of the business performance by identifying and escalating the trends, bottlenecks or any other issue hindering a total customer satisfaction.
- You involve other managers or stakeholders and ask their input on their views on how to improve the business and team spirit. You demonstrate integrity as your daily routine.
- You ensure continuously search for value-added innovative initiatives to differentiate the organization and which are beneficial to the entire organization.
- You demonstrate the Merck values as daily routine.
- Other tasks assigned by your superior
Who you are:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree, preferabbly with Bioscience, Chemistry
- Minimum of 5 years of Customer Service or SCM/Logistics or operational excellence experiences
- Business professional with a proven track record of exceptional commercial support,
- Demonstrated record of people management and leadership skills
- At ease with the tools and systems. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- You are comfortable (and preferably experienced) managing a multicultural team.
- You have experience in project management and certified Lean six sigma
- Fluent English is mandatory