Careers that Change Lives
Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations. We are hiring for a Veterinarian to be based at Medtronic Innovation Center (MIC) facility in Osong. This is a rare and exciting opportunity available to all experienced Vets/fresh graduates/final year undergraduate Students in Veterinary, and are looking to leap into the world of medical devices.
We invite you to join Medtronic, a market leader in medical technology and work with talented, diverse professionals to solve problems, improve processes, supporting new and innovative products, and bringing our Mission to life. We are a $400M business growing company by double-digit each year and is recently recognized as one of the greatest workplaces in South Korea!
A Day in the Life
Reporting to the Technical & Education Manager, the Veterinarian is responsible for the animal care at MIC facility and instrument inventory management. You will bring expertise knowledge and skills to MIC lab and ensure all the laboratory animals used at MIC abide by animal welfare law or national standards. You will support senior veterinarian to prepare animal labs including anesthesia and instruments preparations at MIC.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
• Work with senior vet to develop and update the SOP of animal anesthesia, drug and instrument management at MIC.
• Manage laboratory animals used at MIC facility fitting the animal welfare law and/or national standards including their health status, caging, feeding and sanitation etc.
• Responsible for animal anesthesia including induction anesthesia, intubation, shaving, catheterization, double-lumen intubation etc.
• Responsible for drug including control drug ketamine and instrument inventory management.
• Work with senior manager to develop annual budget and execution.
• Develop and update the lab preparations and anesthesia upon different stakeholders’ feedback.
• Responsible for the drug application from KFDA, preparation and documentation of annual inspection on laboratory animal facility by Korea Laboratory Administration Office.
• Provide necessary support to internal sales training like dry labs and tissue blocks, R&D trials or tests, VIP tour of the animal facility, and be willing to accept other assignment of MIC manager.
• Min Bachelor’s degree qualification & National Vet License
• Min 1 - 3 years of experience handling large animals (such as pig, cattle, goat) or K-9 (dog), clinical / lab animal handling experience
• Open for Fresh grad, or expected graduate vet student (final year)
• Strong understanding of surgery procedures and animal anatomy
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Korean languages
• Computer and MS Office Suite proficiency
• Willing to accept challenge, flexible to work every weekend