Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic, we value what makes you unique. Be part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress and deliver meaningful innovations.
Reporting to the Clinical Research Supervisor, the Medical Affairs Specialist will represent medical affairs internally and externally for Korea. You will develop and execute medical affairs activity in the region and manage the External Research Program (ERP) and (Investigator-Initiated Trial) across all operating units.
• Represents Medtronic as “the Medical Affairs face” within the country/region and acts at the same time as the “voice” of the local customers and authorities towards relevant stakeholders at Medtronic for the assigned therapeutic areas
• Manage the whole process of External Research Program (Investigator-Initiated Trial): receive the research request, submit the request to Medtronic Global Review Board, provide input as a regional advisor, communicate with investigators and Global Review Board, manage the whole cycle of External Research Program (from request intake to study closure)
• Ensure support of the External Research Program (Investigator-Initiated Trial) are in accordance with Medtronic policies, legal and compliance, and regulatory requirements and obligation
• Assess unmet clinical/medical needs and develop the evidence strategy
• Establishes effective and systematic collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders (e.g., OU, Health Economic, Legal, RA stakeholders), physicians and hospitals and triggers the conversation locally around unmet clinical needs, outcome measurements and improving quality of care
• Provide Medical inputs and support
• Develop and lead Physician Advisory boards and consultancies if needed
• Drive clinical evidence dissemination to internal and external stakeholders